OSU Merchandising Management Program
Merchandising Management (MM) is currently one of four majors offered in the School of Design and Human Environment (SDHE) in the College of Business. In next 2-5 years, MM will become a business major under AASCB Accreditation. MM in the COB provides a unique combination of design, merchandising and business curriculum that respond to fast changing apparel and textile industries in global contexts. In its partnership with design programs in the COB, MM provides integrated curriculum embracing both creativity and analytical skills. MM currently serves approximately 400 undergraduate majors.
For more information about the SDHE within the COB, please visit:
The mission of the College is to prepare profession ready graduates who will lead in an innovation economy (http://business.oregonstate.edu/about/mission). With the curricular vision of user-centered design and practice, the School strives to build strong design foundations and the ability to collaborate for all students in the School.
University and Community
OSU is one of only two American universities to hold the Land Grant, Sea Grant, Sun Grant, and Space Grant designation and is a Carnegie Doctoral/Research-Extensive university. OSU is located in Corvallis, a community of 55,000 people situated in the Willamette Valley between Portland and Eugene. Ocean beaches, lakes, rivers, forests, high desert, the rugged Cascade and Coast Ranges, and the urban amenities of the Portland metropolitan area are all within a 100-mile drive of Corvallis. Approximately 23,000 undergraduate and 3,400 graduate students are enrolled at OSU, including 2,600 U.S. students of color and 950 international students.
The university has an institution-wide commitment to diversity, multiculturalism, and community. We actively engage in recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and student body that includes members of historically underrepresented groups. We strive to build and sustain a welcoming and supportive campus environment. OSU provides outstanding leadership opportunities for people interested in promoting and enhancing diversity, nurturing creativity, and building community.
A few highlights of our community:
- Ranked #1 as place to live for best work-life balance (http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/2013/best-places-work-life-balance/)
- Ranked #6 in the 20 Best College Towns in America by Business Insider (http://www.businessinsider.com/the-20-best-college-towns-in-america-2013-11#6-corvallis-or-15)
- Safest place to live: NY Times – “Where to Live to Avoid a Natural Disaster” (http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/05/01/weekinreview/01safe.html?_r=0)
- #1 in Top 10 Metros with the Highest Annualized Productivity Growth – 8.99% GDP Growth and 0.91% Population Growth(http://www.theatlanticcities.com/jobs-and-economy/2013/09/great-growth-disconnect-population-growth-does-not-equal-economic-growth/5860/)
For more information about the school, please visit:www.oregonstate.edu
Instructions to Applicants
Apply online at: http://oregonstate.edu/jobs
Job posting number: 0014682
When applying, please attach the following documents:
1) Cover letter
2) Current CV
3) Statement of Research/Creative Activity Program and Goals
4) Statement of Teaching Philosophy
5) Evidence of Teaching Excellence
6) Complete contact information for three references (may be included in curriculum vita)
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The closing date is subject to change without notice to applicants.
OSU is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
The School of Design and Human Environment and the College of Business embrace the University’s commitment to providing an inclusive, diverse, and welcoming environment for students, staff, faculty and the public, and recognizes the enrichment such diversity brings to the campus, the workplace and the student experience.
A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity is a required qualification.
For additional information for this position, please contact, Hsiou-Lien Chen, Search Committee Chair at email@example.com