The College of Healthcare Operations Management of the Production and Operations Management Society (POMS) announces its 2015 Best Paper Competition. The best paper competition is held each year to identify and honor outstanding papers in the field of Healthcare Operations Management. Each submitted paper will be judged based on its contribution towards the advancement of theory and practice of Healthcare Operations Management.
Best Paper Competition
College of Healthcare Operations Management
Production and Operations Management Society Conference, Washington DC, May 8-11, 2015
The research should have relevance to theory and have a potential to impact practice. The topic of the paper should fall within the scope of healthcare operations management. All research methods, including field/case studies, empirical and analytical methods are encouraged.
There are five conditions for eligibility:
- The paper must present original research conducted primarily by the entrant following the POMS rules for conference submissions (i.e., cannot be previously published or currently accepted for publication elsewhere, etc.)
- Only one paper can be submitted by an entrant.
- Entrant must be the first author on the paper.
- The paper should not have been submitted to another POMS college’s best paper competition during the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Entrant must submit an Abstract & register for the conference (Washington DC, May 8-11, 2015) and should follow the Abstract and Full Paper submission process as provided in the timeline below.
Timeline for submission:
- Upload abstract of the paper for presentation at the POMS conference using the website (opens Nov. 1) – the tentative deadline for abstract submission is Dec. 15, 2014. Please upload your abstract either as an invited or contributed presentation in the Healthcare Track
- Email the full-length paper to Prof. Kurt Bretthauer (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line – CHOM 2015 Best Paper Competition, by Jan 15, 2015.
- Include the following information in the email: title of the paper, list of authors and the confirmation number of the abstract/uploaded paper.
- Register for the conference as per the registration deadline.
Between three and five finalists will be chosen, and their presentation will be moved to the ‘CHOMs’ Best Papers Presentation’ session at the 2015 Annual POMS conference in Washington DC. Winners will be announced and prizes will be awarded in the CHOM’s business meeting following the Best Paper Presentation session.
The first prize is accompanied by a $500 honorarium and the second prize is accompanied by a $250 honorarium.
A complete entry includes:
A cover document that includes:
- the entrant’s and all co-authors names, current affiliation, address, e-mail address, telephone number.
- the title of the paper, its topic, and the method(s) used.
- the file name should be the first author’s initials and the first three words of the title
The paper in PDF including tables, figures and appendices should not exceed 32 pages in standard format (1” margins, double-spaced, 12 point font). Author names should not appear on the paper.
Please see other formatting requirements at http://www.poms.org/journal/author_instructions/